AW 18650 3100mAh (Black)
- Nominal Voltage : 3.6V
- Capacity : 3100mAH ( rated at 0.2C discharge 4.2V - 2.5V @ 25° )
- Operating Temp. : Charge 0 to 45° / Discharge -20 to 60 °
- Recommended Charge Rate : max. 2170mA ( 0.7C ) - ambient temp. 25 °
- Max. Discharge Rate : 6.2A ( ambient temp. 25 ° )
- Dimensions :18.50 X 68.16mm ( +/- 0.3mm )
The cell used can be discharged down to 2.5 volt, in my test I only discharges to 2.8 volt, i.e. I do not measure the full capacity. But then, not all lights will be able to use the full capacity.
AW ships the batteries in a small box.
These batteries are real flattop batteries, i.e. the plus pole might not connect when pressed against a flat surface. This will usual prevent the batteries from being used in series (because the minus pole is a flat surface on most batteries), but because the minus pole on these batteries has 3 bumps, they work fine in series applications.
These batteries are slightly lower in capacity, compare to some other batteries with the same cell, this might due to a different production batch or the cells being slightly older.
This battery uses a good cell, this secures many things:
- The batteries does match in capacity, i.e. they can be used in series.
- The battery is very safe.
- The battery has the specified capacity (But only when tested at the specified conditions).
The battery is one of the shorter 18650 batteries, but it is a flat top battery. The first can be an advantage, the last can be a disadvantage, depending on equipment.
All in all a very good battery.
Notes and links
How is the test done and how to read the charts
How is a protected LiIon battery constructed
More about button top and flat top batteries