AW IMR18650 2200mAh (Red) 2016
- Nominal Voltage : 3.7V
- Capacity: 2200mAh
- Lowest Discharge Voltage: 2.50V
- Standard Charge: CC/CV ( max. charging rate 2.2A )
- Cycle Life: > 500 cycles
- Max. continuous discharge rate: 20A
- Operating Discharge Temperature: -10 - 60 Degree Celsius
- Dimensions: 18.15 x 65.6 (+/-0.05)mm
A high current and fairly low capacity 18650 cell. This is one of the few high current cells with button top.
Discharge curves looks very good up to 20A with very good tracking and nearly constant capacity, but the cell cannot handle 30A (Probably the reason it is rated for 20A).
The battery gets warm during a 20A discharge, but not too warm.
The cell handles 20A fine, but the capacity is a bit low by todays standards.
Notes and links
The batteries was supplied by aw-akku.de for review.
How is the test done and how to read the charts
How is a protected LiIon battery constructed
More about button top and flat top batteries
Compare to 18650 and other batteries