Efest IMR18500 1000mAh (Purple) bt 2014
- Typical Capacity: 1000mAh
- Min capacity: 900mAh
- Continuous Max. Discharging Current: 15A
- Continuous Max. Charge Current: 2.15A
- Cycle life: 300 times
- Battery WH: 125WH\Kg
- Discharge cut-off voltage 3.0V
- Voltage: 3.7V
- Weight: 45g
- Length: 49.9mm
- Diamter: 18.21 mm
- Top: Nipple
- Bottom: non-protected
- Full Charge voltage: 4.2V
- Temperature: discharge temperature range:-10°C—60°C, charge temperature range: 0°C—40°C
- Storage: 1 year:-20°C—25°C, 3 months:-20°C—45°C, 1 month:-20°C—60°C
A 18500 cell with a very high maximum current, the rating is higher than for many 18650 cells. This means the cell has a fairly low capacity.
They batteries has very impressive high current handling with nearly constant capacity. There is a slight difference in the internal resistance between the two cells, this may be due to my connection or due to the button top.
These battery has very good high current performance, but the size limits the capacity (If you have 15mm more length, you can get more than twice the capacity). The cells has slight lower performance then their flat top counterpart.
With the performance of these cells, I will call it a good battery.
Notes and links
The batteries was supplied by Efest for review.
How is the test done and how to read the charts
How is a protected LiIon battery constructed
More about button top and flat top batteries
Compare to 18650 and other batteries