EnerPower VC+ 18650 3000mAh (Purple)
- Recommended maximum current: 12-14A
- Initial IR (1kHz): <18mOhm
- Initial IR (DC): <30mOhm
- Charge method: CC-CV (4.2V+/-0.05V, 100mA cut-off)
- Standard charge current: 1.5A
- Fast charge current: 4A
- End voltage: 2.5V
- Max. continuous current: 15A
- Rated discharge capacity (0.2C): 3000mAh
- Rated discharge capacity (10A): 2700mAh
- Cycle life: 300 cycles to 70% (4A charge and 15A discharge)
- Cycle life: 250 cycles to 70% (4A charge and 22A discharge, pause at 70°C, resume at 50°C)
These cells are a test of a high performance protection, it has lover resistance and can handle higher current than usual protections.
The discharge chart shows a very good cell and the new protetion means less voltage drop due to protection
This current trips the protection after some time and the cell will not get hot.
I did not adjust my test to handle higher protection currents, the trip point is somewhere above 20A
This battery has lower voltage drops than other protected batteries with the same cell. For anything in the 3A up to 7A - 10A this cell is a very good option for a protected battery.
Notes and links
The batteries was supplied by Enerpower for review.
How is the test done and how to read the charts
How is a protected LiIon battery constructed
More about button top and flat top batteries
Compare to 18650 and other batteries