Enercig EC-16500HP 800mA (Gray)
- Typical capacity: 820mAh
- Minimum capacity: 800mAh
- Nominal voltage: 3.7V
- Standard charge: CC/CV, 0.2C, 4.2V
- Standard discharge: CC, 0.2C, 3.0V
- End-of-charge voltage: 4.20V +/- 0.05V
- End-of-charge current: 0.01C
- End-of-discharge voltage: 3.0V
- Quick charge current: 800mA 1C
- Quick discharger current: 8000mA 10C
- Max. discharge current: 16000mA 20C
- Initial impedance: Max.: 25mOhm
- Weight: Approx.: 24.5g +/-2g
- Operating temperature: Charging: 0°C ~45°C, Discharging: -20°C ~ 60°C
- Storage temperature: -5°C ~ 35°C
This battery is for high current. It is not a very common size, the length is the same as an AA cell, but it is thicker.
There is a small difference between the two cell, but the capacity is fairly stable with different current, up to the rated quick discharge current. The battery do not really handle the "max. discharge current" that good.
As usual with these smaller cell, the heat cannot really heat the cell during a high current test, the time is too short.
For its size the battery can deliver a lot of current, but the 16A is not for regular use.
The matching of the two batteries is not perfect, but when not used in series this is no problem.
Notes and links
The batteries was supplied by ENERDan for review.
How is the test done and how to read the charts
How is a protected LiIon battery constructed
More about button top and flat top batteries
Compare to 18650 and other batteries