Keeppower 18500 1500mAh (Black)
- 18500 1500mAh Protected Rechargeable Battery
- Min Capacity: 1620mAh
- Typical Capacity: 1700mAh
- Normal Voltage: 3.7V
- Quality Lithium Ion rechargeable cell
- In Built Safety Circuitry
- Maximum capacity and reliability
- High Discharge Rate (Max 2C)
- Protection Circuit (Against overcharge, over discharge, over current and short-circuit.)
- 4.2 volts max voltage and 3.6-3.7 volts nominal voltage
This battery is a 18500 battery, i.e. about 15 mm shorter than a 18650. The smaller size means considerable less capacity and less maximum current. This battery is only 1500mAh and does hold the capacity, even at a 5A load (Probably because the cell used is 1600mAh).
The internal resistance is higher than a 18650, but that is expected from a smaller battery.
For a battery with 3A rating the trip current is a bit high. The actual resistance in the operating range is slightly lower than my measurement shows. My measurement is calculated at the high load current and there the red trace drops extra fast.
There is not much to say about this battery, with a Sanyo cell inside, I will call it a very good battery.
Notes and links
Keeppower is a OEM manufacturer, i.e. many of the batteries they produce is sold with other names on them.
The batteries was supplied by Keeppower for review.
How is the test done and how to read the charts
How is a protected LiIon battery constructed
More about button top and flat top batteries