Keeppower IMR18650 NH1831 3120mAh (Black) 2016
- Nominal capacity: 3120mAh
- Minimum capacity: 3000mAh
- Nominal voltage: 3.70V
- Charge voltage: 4.20V 0/-0.05V
- Standard discharge cut-off: 2.50V
- Standard charge current: 1000mA
- Charge current cut-off: 50mA
- Max. Constant discharge current: 30A
A high current and high capacity cell from Keeppower.
There is no doubt this is a quality battery, the curves track perfectly and capacity is nearly constant with current.
At high current the battery gets hot and I stopped the 30A test due to that.
At 20A the cell gets rather hot, but it stayed just below 80°C
At 30A discharge the temperature reached 86°C, but first after I stopped at 80°C.
This is a very good high current battery, but 30A will need a temperature cutout to stay safe.
Notes and links
The batteries was supplied by Keeppower for review.
How is the test done and how to read the charts
How is a protected LiIon battery constructed
More about button top and flat top batteries
Compare to 18650 and other batteries