Sanyo/Panasonic NCR18650GA 3500mAh (Red)
- Rated capacity: 3300mAh
- Minimum capacity: 3350mAh
- Typical capacity: 3450mAh
- Nominal voltage: 3.6V
- Discharge end voltage: 2.5V
- Charging current (Std.): 1.675A
- Charging voltage: 4.20 +/-0.03V
- Charging time (Std): 4.0 hours
- Continuous discharge current (Max.): 10A
- Internal resistance (AC 1kHz): <38mOhm
- Cycle life: 300 cycles to 70%
- Weight: <49.5g
- Operating temperature: Charge: +10 ~ +45°C, Discharge: -20 ~ +60°C
- Storage conditions: less than 1 month: -20 ~ +50°C, less than 3 months: -20 ~ +40°C, less than 1 year: -20 ~ +20°C (80% capacity left)
A high capacity cell from one of the largest LiIon manufacturer.
As expected these discharge curve is tracking nearly perfectly. The cells are high capacity cell, but can deliver some current.
Because I cut the discharge at 2.8 volt, I do not get the full capacity from the cell.
The cells are rated for 10A and at 15A discharge the batteries gets very hot, on the first cell I terminated discharge at 75°C and the second cell I terminated at 85°C (The maximum allowed cell temperature is 70°C).
These cell has very good capacity and can also handle current, this makes it one of the current top cells for that.
Being from Panasonic there is no doubt that it is good cells.
Notes and links
How is the test done and how to read the charts
How is a protected LiIon battery constructed
More about button top and flat top batteries
Compare to 18650 and other batteries