AW IMR 16340 550mAh (Red)
- Nominal Voltage : 3.7V
- Capacity : 550mAH
- Lowest Discharge Voltage : 2.50V
- Standard Charge : CC/CV ( max. charging rate 1.5A )
- Cycle Life : > 500 cycles
- Max. continuous discharge rate : 4A
- Operating Discharge Temperature : -10 - 60 Degree Celsius
This battery is a high current battery.
The battery works fine up to 2A, but is not that impressive with a 3A load.
In this test I do overload the battery and one of the cells looks like it is running out of power.
When calculating the internal resistance I used the voltage drop between 2A and 4A.
I am not that impressed with the high current capabilites of this cell, but because it is better than most ICR batteries, in the same size, I will rate it as a good cell.
Notes and links
How is the test done and how to read the charts
How is a protected LiIon battery constructed
More about button top and flat top batteries
Comparison to other LiIon batteries