AWT IMR18650 2500mAh (Yellow)
- Model: AWT battery 18650 35Amp 2500mAh
- Type: li-ion battery cell (flat top or button top )
- Size: 18650
- Nominal capacity: 2500mah 35Amp
- Nominal voltage: 3.7 V
- Charge current and Time: Standard Charge: 0.5C Time: Approx 5 hours, Rapid charge: 1.0C Time: Approx 2.5 hours
- Standard Charging method: 0.5C CC(constant current)charge to 4.2V,then CV(constant voltage 4.2V)charge till charge current decline to 0.01C
- Max.charge current: Constant Current 1C Constant Voltage 4.2V 0.01 C cut-off
- Max.discharge current: Constant current 1.0C end voltage 2.75V
- Standard Discharge Current: Constant current 0.2 C end voltage 2.75V
- Discharge cut-off voltage: 4.2V
- Charge cut-off Voltage: 2.75 V
- Initial Impedance: <80mOhm
- Weight: Approx:60g
- Operating temperature: Charging: 0°C~45°C, Discharging:-20°C~60°C
- Storage temperature: -5°C~35°C
- Storage Humidity: <75% RH
- Standard environmental condition: Temperature : 23±5°C, Humidity : 45-75%RH, Atmospheric Pressure: 86-106 Kpa
This is a 2500mAh cell will very high current rating. The 35A is a bit optimistic.
These curves shows a very good battery, there is a good tracking between the batteries and not much capacity drop from 0.2A to 20A, but the voltage drops significantly at 30A.
Usual a battery with unspecified cell will not get better rating than acceptable, but there is no doubt it is a very good cell that is used here.
Notes and links
The batteries was supplied by AWT for a review.
How is the test done and how to read the charts
How is a protected LiIon battery constructed
More about button top and flat top batteries
Compare to 18650 and other batteries