Ampsplus 18650 3500mAH (Black) 2020
- Battery Size: 18.40mm x 68.85mm
- Nominal Voltage: 3.60V
- Nominal Capacity: 3500mAh
- Min. Rated Capacity: 3400mAh
- Charging Method: CC/CV 4.20V +/-0.05V
- Discharge Voltage: 2.70V (Average Cut Off)
- Standard Charging Current CC: 1475mA
- Standard Charging time: 270min.
- Continuous Discharge Current: 10A
- Protection Circuit Trip Cut Off: 2.75V
- Battery rate: 3C
- Weight: 49 gr.
- Colour: Black, Silver, Purple
- Protection Circuit Board / PCB: Yes/ Protected (Maxell)
- Version: Button Top
- Type: Rechargeable, High Drain, NCR
This is high capacity protected 18650 battery with a fairly high current limit for a protected battery.
The two cells match nicely, but the protection do not protect a high continuous current, there I stop due to temperature.
I forgot to mount the thermo sensor on one of the batteries.
Even without thermo sensor it trips after some time at 15A.
It is a good battery, but with the protection the maximum continuous current is about 10A continuous or 15A peak. The protection do also provide over discharge and charge protection (They always do).
Notes and links
The batteries was supplied by Ampsplus for review.
How is the test done and how to read the charts
How is a protected LiIon battery constructed
More about button top and flat top batteries
Graphical comparison to 18650 and other batteries
Table with all tested LiIon batteries