Ampsplus 21700 5000mAh (Black) 2020
- Battery Size: 21.20mm x 74.40mm
- Nominal Voltage: 3.60V
- Nominal Capacity: 5000mAh
- Rated Capacity: 4950mAh
- Charging Method: CC/CV 4.20V
- Discharge Voltage: 2.50V (Average Cut Off)
- Operating Temperature: -20 ° to 60 °C
- Standard Charging Current CC: 2450mA
- Rapid Charging Current: up to 4900mA Max. ( Not for cycle life )
- Continuous Discharge Current: 10A
- Battery rate: 2C
- Max. pulse discharge current: 14.7A
- Measured Energy: 17.6Wh
- Cycle Life: Capacity 3802mAh after 500 cycles (80% of the rated Discharge Capacity RT)
- Weight: 72gr. max
- Colour: Black, Silver, Purple
- Protection Circuit Board / PCB: Yes, Protected
- Version: Button Top
- Type: Rechargeable, INR, High Drain
A protected high capacity 21700 LiIon cell.
The two cells match nicely, capacity drops when drawing higher current.
I forgot the temperature sensor on the A cell.
The protection circuit trips at a fairly high current, but it did break my 20A discharges.
It is a good protected cell for currents below 10A (Preferable a couple of amps below) with lots of capacity.
Notes and links
The batteries was supplied by Ampsplus for review.
How is the test done and how to read the charts
How is a protected LiIon battery constructed
More about button top and flat top batteries
Graphical comparison to 18650 and other batteries
Table with all tested LiIon batteries