EnerPower VC+ 18650 3450mAh (Purple)
- Recommended maximum current: 12-14A
- Nominal Capacity: 3500mAh
- Minimum Capacity: 3400mAh
- Nominal voltage: 3.635V
- Standard charge: 0.5C (1700mA) 4.2V, cut-off 50mA
- Max. charge voltage: 4.2V +/- 0.05V
- Max. charge current: 1C (3400mA)
- Standard discharge: 0.2C (680mA), cut-off 2.5V
- Max. discharge current: 10A
- Weight: Max. 49.0g
- Cycle life : 400 cycles, charge 1.5A, discharge 4A (80%)
- Operating temperature: Charge: 0° ~ 45°C, Discharge: -20°C ~ 60°C
- Storage temperature: 1 month: -20°C ~ 60°C, 3 months: -20°C ~ 45°C, 1 year: -20°C ~ 20°C
These cells are a test of a high performance protection, it has lower resistance and can handle higher current than usual protections.
The discharge chart shows a very good cell and the new protetion means less voltage drop due to protection, but the protection trips at way to high current.
The rated 10A is handleded within the allowable temperature
But at 15A the temperature gets too high and I stop the test.
At 20A the discharge stops because the output voltage drops below 2.8V
It is nice with a lower voltage drop on the protection, but the protection has too high current limit for this cell.
Notes and links
The batteries was supplied by Enerpower for review.
How is the test done and how to read the charts
How is a protected LiIon battery constructed
More about button top and flat top batteries
Compare to 18650 and other batteries