Keeppower 18650 3120mAh P1831R (Black) 2017
- Part No.: P1831R
- Protected 18650 Li-ion Rechargeable Battery
- Minimum Capacity: 3000mAh
- Typical Capacity: 3120mAh
- Normal Voltage: 3.7V
- Maximum Continuous Charging Current: 5A
- Maximum Continuous Discharging Current: 15A
- In Built Safety Circuitry
- Protection Circuit (Against over charge, over discharge, over current and short-circuit.)
- 4.20V maximum voltage and 2.50V cut-off voltage
- Over 500 charge-discharge cycles
- Max. Size: 18.8 x 69.0mm
- Weight: 48g
- Max. 15A Continuous Discharge Current
A protected battery that can deliver a lot of current and has good capacity.
The discharge curves tracks very fine.
The B battery jumps a bit in voltage, it looks like a loose connection in my test setup.
A full discharge at 15A is a bit much for this battery, it gets rather hot. I had to stop one of the discharges.
At 15A I had to stop both discharges due to temperature.
This is a good cell, but the build in protection do not trip on overload (It will probably trip on higher currents).
Notes and links
The battery was supplied by Keeppower for review.
How is the test done and how to read the charts
How is a protected LiIon battery constructed
More about button top and flat top batteries
Compare to 18650 and other batteries