Keeppower 18650 3600mAh (Black) 2014
- Brand Name: KeepPower
- Type: Li-Ion
- Size: L:69.00mm*D:18.50mm
- 18650 3600mAh Protected Rechargeable Battery
- Min Capacity: 3500mAh
- Typical Capacity: 3600mAh
- Normal Voltage: 3.7V
- Quality Lithium Ion rechargeable cell made in Japan
- In Built Safety Circuitry
- Maximum capacity and reliability
- High Discharge Rate (Max 2C)
- Protection Circuit (Against overcharge, over discharge, over current and short-circuit.)
- 4.2 volts max voltage and 3.6-3.7 volts nominal voltage
This is the next increase in battery capacity, from 3400mAh to 3600mAh, as usual with battery capacity increases it is only an small amount.
With my test conditions (Discharge to 2.8 volt), I do not get 200mAh more capacity, more like 100mAh.
The cell used can be discharged down to 2.5 volt, in my test I only discharges to 2.8 volt, i.e. I do not measure the full capacity. But then, not all lights will be able to use the full capacity.
The battery can easily deliver 7A with its 11A protection and, being good cells, the two cells does also track nicely.
When comparing this battery to the 3400mAh cell, the new battery has slight higher voltage and slightly higher capacity, this is not a revolution in any way, just a small improvement.
Being based on a Panasonic cell the battery is, of course, a very good battery.
Notes and links
The battery was supplied by Keeppower for review.
How is the test done and how to read the charts
How is a protected LiIon battery constructed
More about button top and flat top batteries