LG 18650 MG1 2850mAh (Purple)
- Nominal capacity: 2850mAh
- Minimum capacity: 2750mAh
- Nominal voltage: 3.62V
- Standard charge current: 1425mA
- Maximum charge current: 2850mA
- Charge voltage: 4.2V
- Charge cut-off current: 50mA
- Standard discharge 570mA
- End voltage: 2.5V
- Maximum discharge current: 10A
- Cycle life: 500 cycles to 70% at standard charge/discharge.
- Operating temperature: Charge: 0°C ~ 45°C, Discharge: -20°C ~ 60°C
- Storage temperature: 1 month: -20°C ~ 60°C, 3 months: -20°C ~ 45°C, 1 year: -20°C ~ 20°C
This is a high capacity cell from 2012 where it was rated 2900mA, in 2014 the rating was changed to 2850mAh and model name changed from ICR to IMR.
The discharge curves matches very well, but the battery is not good at high current.
This is a good battery, but capacity and current handling cannot match the last generation cells.
Notes and links
Vapcell told me that I was missing some cells in my comparator and they would be happy to supply them.
How is the test done and how to read the charts
How is a protected LiIon battery constructed
More about button top and flat top batteries
Compare to 18650 and other batteries