Vapcell IMR18490 1400mAh (Yellow)
- Type: li-ion battery cell (flat top)
- Size: 18490
- Nominal capacity: 1400mah @ 0.2C Discharge
- Min. capacity: 1300mah @ 0.2C Discharge
- Nominal voltage: 3.7 V
- Standard Charge: 1A, 4.20 ± 0.05 V, CCCV 50mA cut-off
- Continuous maximum charge current: 2A
- Discharge cut-off voltage: 2.5v
- Continuous maximum discharge current: 10A
- Max Discharging Current: 15A
- Weight: 35g max.
- Operating temperature: Charging: 0°C~40°C, Discharging:-20°C~55°C
- Storage temperature: -20°C~45°C
This is a short high current cell according to the specifications.
The tracking between the two cells is acceptable, even at high current, but not perfect. The pulse rating of 15A is not possible. It looks like the cell can sustain between 5A and 7A.
This cell has a bit more capacity than many IMR cells in this size, but the high current performance is not as good.
I.e. this cell trades some high current performance for a bit more capacity.
Notes and links
The batteries was supplied by Vapcell for review.
How is the test done and how to read the charts
How is a protected LiIon battery constructed
More about button top and flat top batteries
Compare to 18650 and other batteries