Keeppower 18500 1700mAh (Black) 2014
- 18500 1700mAh Protected Rechargeable Battery
- Min Capacity: 1620mAh
- Typical Capacity: 1700mAh
- Normal Voltage: 3.7V
- Cell: Sanyo UR18500F
- In Built Safety Circuitry
- Maximum capacity and reliability
- High Discharge Rate (Max 2C)
- Protection Circuit (Against overcharge, over discharge, over current and short-circuit.)
- 4.2 volts max voltage and 3.6-3.7 volts nominal voltage
- Over 300 charge-discharge cycles
Keeppower has two types of 18500 batteries, this is the best one, it is based on a Sanyo cell. The other is based on a DLG cell.
The battery can handle up to 5A, but has a large voltage drop when doing that. The rating of 3.4A (2C) looks very resonable.
The over current protection prevent drawing 7A for longer time.
This is a very good battery with a good capacity.
Notes and links
The batteries was supplied by Keeppower for review.
How is the test done and how to read the charts
How is a protected LiIon battery constructed
More about button top and flat top batteries